So you would like to know how to make your own lucky talisman/charm? The process can take awhile but it can bring wonderful results. I’ll explain to you, step by step, how to make your very own.
1. Decide what to use as the “physical base”. It can be a piece of jewelry that you plan on wearing for good luck, a rabbit’s foot, a four leaf clover that you will carry around, a gemstone, etc.. Pieces of meteorites work wonders considering that you would be carrying something that really is “from another world”. It would be considered from “another world” both physically and magickally (after you charge it). Whatever you choose for your “physical base”, make sure that it’s something that you have a connection with and that would be easy for you to carry around.
2. After you choose the physical base for your charm, spend a few minutes meditating and/or praying over it. Keep it in your hands as you concentrate and ask your higher self/God/or Spirit Guides to help you bless it.
3. Begin “raising your vibrations” while holding it in your hand or wearing it (if it’s jewelry). Make sure you do something positive and fun for at least 20 minutes straight every day for a week. Make sure sure the “physical base” is physically touching you as you do it. You can dance, laugh, chant, meditate, etc.. just as long as you’re doing something that makes you feel happy. Also make sure you’re wearing your favorite clothes while you do this. Visualize the happy/positive energy you’re creating is going inside of the physical base.
4. If you are feeling negative, upset, sad, angry, or any BAD FEELING AT ALL, MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT GET AROUND THE PHYSICAL BASE! ONLY get near it when you are in positive moods! It is possible that you may taint it if you touch it while feeling/being negative. That is the last thing you want.
5. Make sure that it passes through the elements at least once during the creation process. Run it through the smoke of incense, around the flame of a candle, a little bit of water, and earth. Also do not forget to meditate/pray to your God or Spirit Guides to ask their blessings. They will help with the spiritual element of creating your talisman/charm.
6. If you were successful with all of the above 5 steps, and consistent with adding positive energy to it for at least 20 minutes a day, then after a week it should be ready. Wear it or carry it around with you wherever you go. Whenever you feel that you need a burst of positive energy or good luck, clutch it to your heart and visualize the positive energy from it soothing you. By then it should be strong enough and filled with enough positive energy that will help you when you are feeling down, and you’ll be less likely to “taint it”. It would be a good idea, however, to “recharge” it occasionally with more positive energy, and doing steps 2 – 5 all over again. It doesn’t have to be recharged often though, only when you feel that it is becoming “weaker’ in helping you.
Some magicians/witches/occultists even go as far as naming their talismans. It gives them more of a connection with the energies. “Lend me your strength, _____” It’s up to you whether you wish to name yours or not. Just be very careful during the creation process though to ONLY store energy into it while you’re in a positive mood. If you succeed in making it strong enough, then it will help balance your bad moods out later when you’re feeling negative, as well as bring you better luck.
Are you considering making a living (or at least a little money on the side) doing body painting? Is it even possible to make a living doing body painting? Yes, you can make good money as a ‘pro’ body painter, and even kids as young as twelve have made good money (like $500-$400 in an afternoon) doing simple painting techniques like airbrushed temporary tattoos at fairs and festivals.
It may be difficult to believe that there are so many different ways to make money doing body painting. I know that when I first discovered the art of body painting, I thought maybe you could make some temporary money at a party or fair. But there are many, many more possibilities, as you will see.
Here are just 10 of the ways you could get paid to do body painting:
1. Doing body painting at parties. You could hire yourself for a night or a day and get paid either by the hour or a flat fee for the event.
2. Painting party-goers before they go to a party or event. Themed or holiday parties would be a good opportunity for this. Make sure you mention that you could body paint their friends, too!
3. As a professional body painter for the theatre. You could do one show for a discount to get in the door and get some recognition, if you don’t have a track record yet.
4. Travel with the circus as their ‘in house’ makeup artist.
5. Become the official body painter for a dance company. Again, you could work for a low fee or even free to get in the door.
6. Face painting alone opens up several opportunities: parties, festivals, fairs, and special events all are possible places for you to set up shop. Just make sure (as with all these options) that you are using proper, non-allergenic paints meant for face painting alone.
7. Special events like graduations, celebrations, fundraisers, and reunions.
8. Sports events: painting fans in their team colors and symbols has had a long tradition.
9. Festivals around the world. There are several festivals specifically for body painting around the world, but there are many more that would be a great place for body painting. Look up the festivals in your area and find out how to become a vendor and what their requirements and rules are.
10. Teach others how to do body painting. You could hold a one-time workshop, give ongoing group classes or even do an online body painting course (as I am doing).
I hope this gives you some good ideas about how you could make money as a body painting artist. Maybe you have even thought of some ways that I didn’t include…great! Choose one method, research what you need to do to get started, and go for it!
Here’s a secret hint…as you are considering one of the possibilities above. Don’t choose what you think would make you the most money…choose what you think you would happiest and best at doing. You will always make more doing something you love doing, in the long run!
Many people associate taxes with only one date: April 15. In reality, though, tax planning should be a year-round part of your financial life.
For instance, tax planning can and should be incorporated into investment decisions, charitable giving and business planning. And in some cases, taxpayers face decisions far before April that can create big impacts when they eventually file their returns. For instance, those receiving property such as stock distributions from employers may face the question of whether to make an 83 (b) election. But before taking advantage of this tax-planning technique, they have to know what it is and that it's available to them – and they need to act on that information promptly.
To understand what an 83 (b) election is, let's start with a review of a related portion of the tax code. Internal Revenue Code Section 83 (a) governs taxation of property transferred to an employee in exchange for services. For instance, if you work at a startup and receive company stock as part of your compensation, Section 83 (a) says that the income represented by the fair market value of that stock does not have to be included in your taxable income until you know you will keep it (for instance, when it vests) or the stock becomes transferable (that is, you could sell it or give it away). The rule says that property is taxed as of the first time it is transferable or not subject to a substantial risk of forfeiture, whichever comes first.
But what if you wanted to accelerate the process for tax purposes? Section 83 (b) allows you to do so without waiting for the triggering provisions in the preceding rule. If the person who receives the property elects to include its fair market value in his or her gross income in the tax year in which the transfer takes place, the taxable amount will be the stock's fair market value at the time of transfer, less what was paid for the property, if anything. Making an 83 (b) election sidesteps the rule in Section 83 (a) for the property in question. However, there is risk involved. If you lose or forfeit the property, since it was subject to restriction at the time you paid tax, you can't take a deduction for the amount you already included in income from the election or for any taxes you paid as a result. If you later sell the property, you also still have to pay capital gains tax on any appreciation after the time of transfer.
In exchange for these risks, an 83 (b) election offers some clear benefits. If the stock becomes more valuable between the time of transfer and the time it vests, you successfully locked in ordinary income tax at the lesser amount. Additionally, making the election starts the clock on the capital gains holding period, meaning if you sold the stock more than one year after making the election, you would pay capital gains tax at the long-term rates. Of course, if your stock declines in value, you have paid more than you might have if you had waited. And since an 83 (b) election is irrevocable, there is no way to undo the decision, unless the commissioner of the Internal Revenue Service grants a special exemption.
There are a few other reasons you might make an 83 (b) election, despite the risks. For instance, if the property's value is nominal at the time you receive it, the tax might be so insignificant that it makes sense to pay it right away in the hopes of avoiding a higher tax bill in the future. Taking this a step further, if you expect the property's value to increase substantially before your interest in it vests, you may worry you won't be able to afford the tax when it eventually comes due. For taxpayers who pay the fair market value of the property in the first place, electing to be taxed on its fair market value over what was paid for it would mean no tax is owed. Some taxpayers may wish to make the 83 (b) election simply to start the capital gains holding period.
It is important to keep in mind that, while making an 83 (b) election comes with risks in the form of potentially overpaying taxes or paying tax on property you could forfeit, failing to make such an election brings risks of its own, as noted above. If your property appreciates substantially between the time you receive it and the time it vests, you may have substantial income tax liability, even if you don't sell the property.
Here is how it might play out. Abby and Jennifer are hired the same day for identical roles at a company. After their first year, each is granted a restricted stock award. The grant has a purchase price of $ 1 per share and is subject to a four-year vesting period. They each decide to accept the grant, and Abby promptly files an 83 (b) election, but Jennifer does not.
At the end of the first year, the company's stock has appreciated to $ 100 per share. Jennifer recognizes $ 99 per share as income (the value less the purchase price) on the portion that vests, even though she doesn't sell her stock. Abby doesn't recognize any additional income, since she made her election a year prior. Over the next few years, as the stock continues to vest, Jennifer realizes income equal to the difference between the fair market value of the stock at time of vesting and the $ 1-per-share purchase price. Abby, having accelerated the income recognition, does not. Assuming both partners stay until they are fully vested, Abby comes out ahead because of her lower income tax liability. Abby also has access to long-term capital gains rates sooner, since she started the clock on her holding period early.
Of course, an 83 (b) election is not always appropriate. Consider a newer employee, Frank, who joins the company a year later when the stock is already at $ 100 per share. Frank will need to consider carefully whether he expects the stock's value to rise, fall or stay the same over his vesting period. Or, returning to Abby, if she needs to leave the company in 10 months and before any of the stock has vested, she will have paid tax on stock she ultimately forfeited. When making the election, it is always important to realistically weigh the probabilities of future outcomes.
If you have private company stock options, rather than receiving stock outright, you won't need to worry about 83 (b) elections unless you use the stock options to purchase unvested stock. And if you receive stock without vesting restrictions, you won't need to worry about an election at all.
How To Make An 83 (b) Election
A taxpayer who wishes to make an 83 (b) election should do so promptly after receiving the property in question, within 30 days of receipt. The taxpayer will, of course, need to notify the IRS, and must also notify the employer (or whoever granted the property).
While the IRS has created hundreds of tax forms for all sorts of situations, oddly, no official form exists for those who wish to make 83 (b) elections. Instead, taxpayers must send a letter to the IRS office where they file their income tax returns. The IRS has provided some sample language for such a letter in Revenue Procedure 2012-29. While this language is not required, it is an example that would satisfy the agency's regulations. Information that the IRS suggests taxpayers should provide when making elections includes:
- A statement making the election. In the sample language, this statement reads: "The undersigned taxpayer hereby elects, pursuant to §83 (b) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended, to include in gross income as compensation for services the excess (if any) of the fair market value of the shares described below over the amount paid for those shares. "
- The taxpayer's full legal name, address, Social Security number and tax year associated with the election
- A description of the property (for instance, "1,000 shares of Jennifer and Abby's Company Inc.")
- The date on which the property was received
- The restriction that will cause forfeiture if not met or the restriction that will lapse when vesting requirements are satisfied
- The fair market value of the property, without the restriction, at the time the taxpayer received it
- Any money paid for the property
- The amount to include in gross income (that is, the fair market value less anything paid)
- A statement regarding filing the election. In the sample language, this statement reads: "The undersigned taxpayer will file this election with the Internal Revenue Service office with which the taxpayer files his or her annual income tax return not later than 30 days after the date of the transfer of the property. A copy of the election also will be furnished to the person for whom the services were performed. Additionally, the undersigned will include a copy of the election with his or her income tax return for the taxable year in which the property is transferred. is the person performing the services in connection with which the property was transferred. "
As the closing statement implies, a copy of the letter should go to whoever granted the property – usually an employer – and a second copy should be included with the income tax return for the year. (And, of course, a copy should be kept for personal files.) As with anything mailed to the IRS, a return receipt will prove the letter was filed with the agency on time.
Taking the time to understand 83 (b) elections and making a timely choice about them can save you quite a bit of tax liability in the long run. It is just one of the many ways that remaining tax-minded throughout the year can make for a happier April.
First of all, I want to congratulate you for leveraging YouTube videos in your content marketing strategy. It's a wise choice. The demand for video content keeps growing, and you don't want to be left out of the game.
43% of people want to see more video content from marketers. "(HubSpot, 2016)
But how are your videos doing?
If you post videos regularly but don't see any increase in views and engagement, you may not be putting enough thought into your video creation process.
Why Is Video Quality Crucial?
You're probably tired to hear that quality matters. But I cannot stress enough about how important this is.
You have to increase your YouTube video ranking in order for people to come across your videos and get the chance to enjoy them.
Although it's true that a video's quality doesn't directly influence YouTube video ranking, it still carries a lot of weight.
If the video is bad, no amount of YouTube SEO can make it shine.
Let's say your video ranks high in search results and people click on it. But the video's quality is poor and users click back after a couple of seconds.
Besides not getting the chance to turn viewers into customers, this behavior hurts your ranking badly.
How is that?
One of the main YouTube ranking factors is the Audience Retention.
The longer users watch your videos, the higher the ranking . YouTube wants its users to be held on YouTube for as long as possible, so if you keep the audience entertained and on the platform, you'll be rewarded for it.
As YouTube states in Creators Academy: "Your goal is to keep audience retention as close to 100% as you can (because this means viewers are watching all the way through your videos). And videos with consistently high audience retention and watch time have the potential to show up more frequently in Search and Suggested locations on YouTube. "
I hope that you're now convinced that you have to put effort into creating engaging content that keeps your audience interest going until the end of the video.
How to create videos that keep the audience watching?
High-quality audio & visuals – The way you deliver your content in terms of audio and video quality plays a huge role in retention. If the sound or image is bad, people won't stay around long enough to find out what they can learn from you.
Let viewers know what they'll learn about in the beginning – Around 20% of viewers will fly off after the first 10 second of the video if they are not certain the video is showing them what they are looking for. Make sure to point out what they will learn in the beginning.
Introduction – Like I said above, it's easy to lose the viewers in the first 10 seconds. You want to make sure your introduction is engaging and captivates viewers' attention so you make them stay around for the whole content.
Don't ramble – Especially if you are in the beginning, you'll be tempted to create those long introductions with unnecessary information that tend to put people to sleep. Keep your introduction on point and get down to the main content.
Script your videos – Don't just place yourself in front of the camera and start talking. Plan your videos ahead of time and script them. This will ensure you'll stay on point and cover the most important aspects of the topic without losing your ideas on the way.
Predict audience's questions – One way to trigger viewers' curiosity is to address questions they might have to which you'll be answering later on in the video. Let's say you make a tutorial on how to be more productive and you mention about the Pomodoro technique at some point. Saying something like "You're probably wondering what the Pomodoro technique is. I'll get to it in a minute" will keep the viewers interested to watch the video further.
Put enough thought into video creation as it won't be enough just to have content. You can do as much YouTube SEO as you can for your videos. If the content is bad, your videos won't rank.
When you have high-quality content and do some SEO video optimization, it's almost certain you'll rank YouTube videos on the first page.
When it comes to handling a 401(k), or any similar employer-supported retirement plan, there’s a lot to consider otherwise it can be overwhelming for you. No matter whether you are offered a great 401(k) plan or a substandard one by your employer, you can get smarter with your 401(k) account to make the most of it.
What Is the 401(k) Plan?
A 401(k) account is a regular workplace plan which can act as a good retirement vehicle for you. If your company gives a 401(k) plan offer, they may also provide a 401(k) match which is free money. Your employer will match your contribution towards your 401(k) up to a specific amount, basically doubling your contribution. Investing money in this plan automatically reduces your tax bill because your contribution is extracted from your paycheck before taxes. You won’t be taxed on your 401(k) savings until you take the money out in retirement.
How to Manage Your 401(k) Plan
Here are some important ways to take full benefit of the 401(k) match program if your employer offers you one:
• Begin Your 401(k) Contributions Early: When it comes to starting a 401k saving plan, there’s never too soon or too late. If you currently don’t have any plan, enroll in a 401(k) plan now.
• Maximize Employer Matching Contributions: Identify how much you require to contribute to secure the full company match and set up your contribution with at least that amount.
• Ensure Automatic Contributions: Automatic contribution set up is helpful to transfer your money straight from your salary to your 401(k) account, and you will get accustomed to living without it.
• Spread Out Your 401k Mutual Fund Portfolio: The most significant aspect of the mutual fund portfolio creation is diversification, which refers to the distribution of risk across diverse investment types.
• Avoid Making Early Withdrawals: Generally, all 401k plans offer either an option for adversity withdrawal or a loan to withdraw money from your plan before retirement (with certain restrictions).
Take advantage of these tips to maximize your 401(k) plan as you save for retirement in order to get the financial security you need. When following the tips mentioned in the above blog, you can seek the help of a financial adviser in order to ensure that you achieve the most in your stress-free retirement plan out of the financial opportunities.
Article marketing works. It is a medium you can use to market products, whether your own products or affiliate products. It simply involves writing articles which make people want to come to your site or to your landing page.
Now before you start getting excited, I have to tell you that you have to give value first before people would want to purchase something from you. You just don’t put together one or two crappy articles all in the name of getting traffic. No!
That’s just plain wrong.
You have to put the interest of your customers at heart first. This reminds me of the Law of Compensation which states that ‘The amount of money you are paid will depend on the need for what you do, your ability to do it, and the difficulty in replacing you.’
So you have to give valuable information to your readers.
Now what you want to create when you write your articles is what is called CURIOSITY. You want them to WANT MORE of what you have given them.
And they can only want more of what you have given if what you have given is valuable. So the idea is to give them a taste of the delicious meal you’ve prepared so that they will be the ones ordering more.
Now how do you do that? You give them useful but incomplete information. Yeah that’s how you do it. Now that you’ve given them a gift (something you gave them for free), they would trust you as an expert and someone who is willing to add value to their lives first, not just telling them to buy something from you on the first meeting.
You have to give before you receive. Give and it will come back to you. That is the way it is. That’s the Law of Sowing and Reaping.
So when you give a very informative article about how to solve a problem and you tell them that they can get MORE information if they go to your website, they will go there excitedly. This is because they now trust you as an expert and someone who is willing to be generous with their information before asking for something in return.
Examples of information you can write an article about are ‘how to make more money in less time’, ‘how to import cars without stress’, ‘how to get a visa without going to the embassy’, etc
Keep Writing Articles
DO NOT ever quit. Don’t just stop writing articles because after a month of writing there is no traffic to your site. You have to keep on believing you’ll succeed before you have your breakthrough. You have to stick to it. Keep on writing and adding value to lives. Share the information you have. The rewards will come if you don’t give up.
Don’t write articles once in a blue moon and expect instant results. Write at regular intervals. This helps you in the following ways:
1) Search engines love sites that are content-rich and are always being updated at regular intervals. It helps you rank high in the search results.
2) It motivates people who have been to your site keep coming back. I mean, why should they come back if they keep seeing the same old articles they’ve read a hundred times on your site?
So what is the summary of the above point? It is automation. Article marketing automates the internet marketing business. It automates your traffic. That is why it’s even good to contribute your articles to article directories like EzineArticles which ranks high in terms of traffic on Alexa. Once your articles are there, they are there for life and they bring residual traffic to you.
Keep Your Articles Short
The reason is because you want to keep people’s attention. You don’t want to bore them to sleep. You want to go straight to the point. I will suggest you keep it between 400 and 1000 words. There are a few times that your articles might have to be longer. But do that ONLY if it is absolutely necessary.
Write in a Professional Manner
By that I don’t mean you should write your article if you’re writing a formal speech. As a matter of fact you should write your article using simple, informal words as if you were talking to a friend. It makes you connect with your audience and makes you interesting. What I mean here is to reread your articles to make sure your spelling is correct, your grammar and punctuation are correct. The way you write can give people a good or bad impression about you.
I hope this article has given you lots of information on how to get started. Start writing articles today and make success out of it. Good luck.
Most authors are wasting their time producing dozens to hundreds of high quality articles that never reach a fraction of their traffic potential. It’s a darn shame.
When I review the behind-the-scenes traffic statistics on millions of articles that have produced millions of monthly page views in my article content lab…ONE thing is clear: All articles are not created equal even when everything about them is identical except for the TITLE.
The reason is probably not what you think.
If you’ve been schooled on traditional copywriting, you know that in the offline world, the headline determines as much as 95% of the success of the book or article. This statistic takes into consideration what makes the book title successful: Whether a human buys it or not.
Article Writing on the Internet is a whole different story because of the way your articles reach humans who have an interest in them.
MYTH: Most people will read your articles because they came to a website and started browsing just like they do if they were to have gone to a local book store to find a book of personal interest.
FACT: Wrong! Most people will search the Internet using one of the major search engines and they will be putting in between 1 to 5 keywords that are related to the topic of the article or information they are looking to locate. The search engines will then deliver results that best match the human’s interest.
YOUR GOAL: To have your articles show up in the search engine results for the keywords and topics that are most related to the content of your article.
You must embrace this TITLE creation & traffic-building truth:
The first 3-5 words of your TITLE determine the success of your article in terms of how much traffic your article will generate back to your website. Success can only be had when you create keyword rich titles for your articles that match the most commonly searched keywords for your topic.
How to determine which keywords are rich and the right ones to use for your article?
You’ll need a keyword research tool. Some are free and some are fee-based. Overture.com has a popular keyword research tool that shows you the most common search results from the Yahoo search engines directory. If you want to see what’s on “Google’s Mind” you can try one of their current beta tools called “Google Suggest”:
Whether you use a web-based keyword research tool or invest in one of the more advanced application level software keyword research tools, it’s critical that you learn know how to do keyword research.
A “Good” vs. “Bad” TITLE Example:
Here is an example of the difference between a non-keyword rich TITLE vs. a very keyword rich TITLE that is proven to perform better in terms of traffic creation:
Bad TITLE Example:
“Top 9 Ways You Can Acquire Fractional Jet Ownership”
Excellent Keyword Rich Title Example:
Fractional Jet Ownership – 9 Strategies to Help You Acquire Your Private Jet
Why is it more effective?
Because it does not waste the first 3 words of the title with meaningless garbage words like “top” or the number “9” or “ways”…and gets right to the important words that might be found when someone is using a search engine to research a topic related to your article.
You’ll also notice in my example that I included the word “Private” Jet. Why? Because my keyword research said that people who search for fractional jet also search for the word “private jet” and therefore I wanted to boost the chances that my title would be found by a larger number of potential visitors to the article.
Two recommendations on what NOT to do:
1) Don’t include garbage characters in your TITLE such as quotes, tildes, asterisks or anything else that a search engines has to work hard to discard in order to understand the TITLE of your article.
2) Do not engage in any search engine spam technique by having keyword rich TITLES that have nothing to do with the topic of your article. You’ll only be hurting yourself as the search engines already aggressively filter out bad behavior like this.
YOUR INTELLIGENT KEYWORD RICH TITLE COPYWRITING CONCLUSION:
If you want to maximize your results from any article writing strategy, you must master keyword research so that you can create keyword rich and intelligent article TITLES. Your pay off will be massive amounts of traffic to your articles and website thanks to the search engines who love smart keyword rich TITLES!
Ladies, don’t rush yourself into a man’s heart. Men’s hearts are sometimes a very cold place to be and you could freeze to death or starve from lack of affection even if you think you’re hot stuff and won’t burn out.
It’s sad but true unfortunately. If you’re like most women, you know all too well what I’m talking about here. And you know exactly how these things happen and feel.
If you’re going to get together with someone, make sure it’s for the right reasons. You have to be happy to get in a relationship for yourself, not because your friends keep cajolring, bullying and pressuring you to think you should be in one. Our friends are often a pain in the you know what when they keep shoving their prize winning boyfriends in your face every time you go with them for lunch or to a party together.
Sometimes we’re stressed out and aren’t in the right frame of mind to be in a relationship, and if we hook up with some dumb bum, they’re just all going to laugh at you. So make sure you know a hundred percent that the man you have is clean, legit, and worthy of your long term love and dedication.
Also, manipulating a man into commitment will not get you far. It might get you in the door but, It will only get you out immediately the moment he detects that you used underhand tricks to use him. For a man to commit he has to commit to you by himself. In other words, it has to be his own idea. And if you don’t know how to stop worrying about whether or not you will be getting engaged and getting married, you need a reality to check if you want to be in control of your life.
While it’s hard to relax as you feel you’re getting older by the day, it’s often better than being in a relationship that’s making you go insane. My advice to you would be to let him know how much you mean to him then let him decide. Advertise your desire occasionally, yet be able to say it in a way to let him know that you are not desperate.
Some times what people really need is time to think about their situation. He may have been having doubts about you, but the time away made him realise how much he wants to be with you forever.
Let me spell it out: The aim is not to try to assume anything about your relationship. Relax and go with the flow. Hint at what you want and watch your man carefully, and allow for a natural progression. Let your relationship mature at its pace on its own. Allow your future husband to take the lead and decide on his own time that he is so in love with you that he wants to marry you.
I know it’s frustrating as hell, but instead of pulling all your hair out while you scream, and wrinkle your face beyond recognition, you need to focus on pleasing your man and ensuring he’s totally mad in love with you. Because that’s a lot easier than trying to get married in the next sixty seconds.
Everyone knows what it feels like to be sad. Things happen in life, and sometimes it is completely out of our control. These events may cause distress or unhappiness. It’s perfectly normal.
Does everyone know what it feels like to be happy? At some stage in our life, we have all experienced joy or pleasure. in whatever shape or form. This feeling can stem from entertainment, accomplishment or being content. This is also quite normal.
Making someone else happy is one of the most selfless acts there is, and can be highly rewarding. What’s even better is that it can become contagious. Putting a smile on a person’s face can have the same effect on you, as it does for them. Let’s now discuss how to cheer people up when they are feeling down.
Identify the source of unhappiness
Before you do anything, you want to find out why a person is feeling sad. It could be something someone said, or a poor decision they made. Maybe they know someone who is sick or has passed away. What’s important is that you clearly identify the source of this sadness.
If it’s a family or friend, you can talk to them and ask them up front how they are holding up. If you are very close with this person you may be able to figure it out. You could ask family or friends if they know, and not in a gossiping manner but rather with a caring approach. If this person is not a family or friend, it is difficult to know why they are sad. It’s not always necessary to know why, but it does help.
Do something nice for them
Each situation will be different, but there is always something you can do to help. If you have identified the source of their unhappiness, it will be easy to come up with a fitting gesture. Try to approach them in a friendly manner, or even crack a joke if you see it as appropriate. It has to be said, the sadder the person is, the more sensitive you will have to be in your approach. It is therefore a matter of using your common sense.
To help you understand, I will give 3 examples.
- You’re a student and see a fellow pupil who you don’t know too well looking sad, or perhaps a teacher is distressed. You may not know why, but it’s easy to help. Say hello to them in the corridor and ask them how they are. Or even hold the door open for them.
- Your best friend’s mum is in hospital. It’s clear to identify the source of sadness, in this case you need to be sensitive and caring. Spend time with your friend, make the effort to visit them as often as you see fit to see how they are. Offer to take them out for lunch, or watch a movie. Taking their mind off the situation can help but it really does depend on the matter.
- Your little brother/sister gets awfully quiet and stays in their room for long periods of time, refusing to speak to anyone. I suggest you first ask them in a casual way if they are okay, and if it is a rather small matter they may explain. If it’s more emotional they might pretend that they are okay. In either case, a kind gesture should be easily thought of. What interests your brother/sister, and do they have any hobbies? Spend time doing the activities that they enjoy, with them. Treat them to their favourite meal, or take them for an ice cream. You should know what entertains them.
A kind gesture can go a long way
Make the effort to cheer someone up. Most of the time you would want someone to do the same for you. Put your feet in their shoes, and you will find that it’s relatively easy to help them out. And of course, always be sure to smile!
Work from home jobs can become legitimate ways to make money online. Finding the right business opportunity that fits you is going to be your most difficult task. This is because there are so many work from home scams that make such outlandish claims such as, “push the button” and money will fill your bank account. You have to avoid these scams because the Internet is filled with these false “how to make money online” claims.
This is what you have to keep in mind. To have a legitimate work from home job you must stay focused on the task of building your business from a proven Blueprint.
This is the keys you want to look for:
*Does this internet business have Support to assist me if I have problems understanding how to set my business up…
*Is the Blueprint newbie friendly?
*Has this business model been around for a legitimate length of time?
*Does it have a forum to discuss how well the other members are fairing with their own business?
These are some really great points you need to keep in mind because as a newbie you are going to run into a lot of technical issues you have never seen before.
Learning how to make money online is not easy. It takes time and a lot of commitment. You have to stay focused and concentrating on your goals at hand. What ends most people from succeeding online is over coming the shiny objects that show up in their inbox everyday.
They want to try every make money online work from home biz opp that they see. You will never have any success online if you get lost in that video mode. All you will accomplish is information overload. This is devastating to anyone who is trying to build a legitimate work from home internet business. You will never make money online if you can’t remain focused and determined to make your internet business a success.
Working from home is the best job you will ever have because it frees you up so you can have quality time with your family and friends. You must always understand that your business is your responsibility to maintain and keep up. You take care of it and it will continue to make money online for years to come.
Your internet business will allow you to increase your income by allowing you to build multiple streams of online opportunities. You can begin to build your list to thousands of subscribers. Then you can set up your autoresponder so it can send out pre written emails on autopilot while you and your family is vacationing in another country.
This is the opportunity that a legitimate work from home business is able to provide for you. Make money online while you are enjoying life with your family. An internet business is by far the very best way to make money online while working from home…