Cabbage can be made into a tea and a poultice for home remedies for certain ailments. Cabbage is full of powerful antioxidants, preventing and warding off diseases and cancer. It is especially helpful for colon cancer. Cabbage boosts the immune system-so it makes a wonderful winter food to fight colds and flu.
Cabbage is rich in vitamins C, E, fiber, iron, calcium and potassium. It is also high in sulphur which helps the body fight bacteria. It flushes out impurities from the body and makes hair strong and shiny. If you suffer from poor circulation in your arms, legs or feet, include more cabbage in your diet. Try these 3 cabbage remedies to boost your immune system.
2 tablespoons dried cabbage
Sprigs of basil or thyme
Optional-add a dash of soy sauce, pinch of black pepper
Put the dried cabbage and basil or thyme in a cup and pour 1 cup boiling water from your tea kettle over the cabbage. Steep until the cabbage is soft. Drink the tea (and eat the cabbage) for calming your nerves, warm you from the chills, to help with nausea, and break up chest colds and congestion. Cabbage tea is wonderful for warming you up anytime.
Cabbage plasters are used for rheumatism and arthritis.
Pound and bruise several outer leaves. Wrap the bruised leaves around the painful area. You can hold the plaster in place by using a piece of flannel.
Cabbage plasters bring fast relief for swollen, aching joints. The plaster has warming properties that reduce pain and swelling. Use for sprains, sore knees, twisted wrists and ankles.
Other external uses for raw cabbage leaves are to help improve circulation, reduce inflammation, chest infections, sciatica and tonsillitis.
Shred a handful of green cabbage and use a pestle and mortar to pound it until mushy. Use the poultice for infected wounds to draw out the infection.
Wrap the area with a cloth and leave the poultice on for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Rinse the wound with boiled water that has cooled.
Repeat this process, using clean cabbage each time, until the pus is drawn from the wound.
This poultice works in drawing out splinters, thorns, thistles and slivers.
Cabbage is whole food that is used for its nutritional benefits as well as medicinal. Poultices, teas and plasters are easy to learn how to make and use at home. Learn to make these remedies for your family and enjoy a healthy lifestyle.
©2011 Shanna Ohmes
If you have an abundance of fresh Aronia berries, but you don’t know what to do with all of them, you can make some concentrated aronia berry juice and can it or freeze it for future use. Making juice concentrate is easy requiring just a few pieces of equipment and about ½ day of your time,
Things you will need for pressing juice
16 lbs. fresh, dark blue aronia berries
4 cups of Fructevia (natural sweetener with no bad after taste)
Apple Cider press and Large plastic container
Method 1 use cider press
- Rinse the frozen aronia berries in the large metal strainer with cold water to remove any debris, bugs or pesticide. Stir the berries in the strainer while rinsing the berries.
- Carefully pour 16 lbs of the cleaned aronia berries into the apple cider press.
- Using the apple cider press on the aronia berries squeeze out the juice. This pressing squeezes out the liquid and separates it from the pulp.
- Pour the resulting liquid into a container. There should be about 1-gallon of juice. Add 4 cups of Fructevia or sweeten to taste.
- Pour the resulting liquid into the stockpot, and place the stockpot onto the stove. Bring to a rolling boil, while stirring in the Fructevia, after about two minutes turn off the stove.
- Can the aronia berry concentrate and store it in a cool dark place for later use. Here are two reasons for processing your juice instead of freezing it: #1 if the electricity goes out you might lose your juice. #2 you have only limited space in the freezer
- Alternately let the liquid cool and pour the liquid into containers for freezing. You can use this concentrate to make drinks or jelly. For about 1/3 cup of this aronia berry juice concentrate, you can make about one quart of aronia berry drink by adding it to the carbonated water. To make jelly you need to use Low-methoxyl pectin.
Method 2, use a stainless steel steam juicer
- Wash the aronia berries leave the berries on their stems and submerge the entire bunch in a sink of cold water.
- Fill the bottom section of the steamer juicer with water and heat to boiling. As you make your juice, watch the water level in this bottom section making sure it doesn’t run dry.
- Fill the top section of the steamer juicer with clean aronia berries, and put the lid on top.
- The berries will cook down and shrink as the juice is steamed out of them. Add more berries to the top of the basket as the berries begin to shrink.
- The heat from the steam will cook the aronia berries. The aronia berry juice will drain into the middle section of the steamer juicer. Drain the juice by unclamping the rubber tube after a couple quarts have collected in the middle section.
- Keep track of the juice level in middle section. Do not let the juice level get as high as the level of the middle cone or the juice will spill over into the boiling water in the bottom section of the steam juicer.
- Let the leftover pulp drain overnight before discarding it.
- Follow simple standard canning instructions to can the juice. Add fructevia to each bottle to sweeten to taste. ( usually about 2 cups per quart)
Tips & Warnings
- You can freeze the concentrate in ice-cube trays pop them out and store in zip lock bags. By adding two of these cubes to a cold glass of water or carbonated water, makes a delicious and refreshing drink.
- You can make straight aronia berry juice or get creative in the varieties you create as you learn how to make aronia berry juice. You can for example mix apple juice or grape juice in with your aronia berry juice.
- Steam juicers do not create uncooked juice. Steam juicers cook the juice. A press does not cook the juice. When the produce is heated in the steam juicer enzymes are lost and destruction of other nutrients in the juice occurs. Pressing the berries to produce juice is best because enzymes are not destroyed.
Are you wondering how to make your relationship last? What does sex have to do with it? When is it okay to have sex, and when is it a good idea to hold off? Sex is a huge part of a romantic relationship and the big cause of physical attraction. Any woman who is dating needs to know a few simple rules about how delaying sex can make her relationship last.
The longer you delay sex in a relationship, the more time you create for the two of you to get to know each other. Delaying sex creates a good kind of tension that becomes all about impressing each other, flirting with each and having fun. When sex is still something to look forward to, delaying it can be a delicious game that will keep both of you intrigued.
When the time comes to have sex, you will definitely know it. Your relationship will be casual and comfortable and you’ll both be ready to take it to the next level. The first time you have sex will be special, and he will feel special that you chose to have sex with him.
That is another thing delaying sex does. It lets the guy your seeing know that you are not the kind of person who would sleep with just anyone. This means that if you are sleeping with him, he must be special. He will love that about himself and love you for making him feel that way. If you want to know how to make your relationship last, it is to delay sex.
If you really care about him, then how to make your relationship last is to make him think that having sex with you is a special privilege reserved for only him. Do this by delaying sex to a point where it really is a significant and meaningful event for both of you.
Career as a Skateboarder
Is it really possible to turn your talent of flawlessly going over a loop ramp into a fruitful career? If you ask Steve Caballero, Bob Burnquist, and Bucky Lasek, they’ll give you a simple answer. It’s a resounding yes. For many years, these professional skateboarders have been entertaining people in skateboarding exhibitions and contests.
How much money can you earn from skateboarding?
Though they have not disclosed how much money they make in a year, famous skateboarders like Burnquist and Caballero can make approximately $1 million every month. But on the average, most professional skateboarders earn at least $1,000 every month. This may be a pretty paltry sum compared to the $1 million mark, but if you want to reach this amount, start young and start now.
How to Earn from Skateboarding
So here’s the 64 million dollar question: how do you earn from skateboarding? Here are the most common ways.
Just like any sport, skateboarding is filled with several contests every year. These contests can be a minor or major one, and they can be held in different countries. From Europe to South America, there is always a skateboarding competition that you can join in. One of the major contests is the X Games. It is sponsored by ESPN, and it comes once in a year.
Aside from competitions, you can earn from sponsorships. From free skate clothing to better skateboards or even cash, you will be sponsored by a brand the moment you get famous. Some of these sponsors demand exclusivity, while others are willing to share your name with other brands. You may also be required to play at shows once in a while depending on your contract.
Famous professional skateboarders have been endorsing sports brands, skate clothing, skate shop, and brands of skateboards. This will be where the bulk of the money comes from. If your skateboarding skills are known around the world, there’s more money and more opportunities to be had.
As previously mentioned, many sponsors would ask you to play or put on a show every once in a while. But if you’re an independent skateboarder, you can still participate in these exhibitions if a major network or a show organizer hires your services.
Now that you know and fully understand how to carve out a career from skateboarding, the first thing to do is to scout for a manager. If you’re confident in your skills, you won’t have difficulty convincing a manager to take you in.
Why should you hire a manager?
For one, a manager knows how to make you famous. He has connections, and you will easily be booked in a show or get a sponsor if you work alongside a well-connected manager. Normally, a manager gets a cut from your earnings, but it is a small price to pay considering the rewards you will possibly have. Also, if you have a manager, you will focus more on honing your skateboarding skills.
1. Win an e-tournament:
Winning an e-tournament is not a cakewalk an individual should be more than talented and dedicated to win these games. The prizes are also comparable to the dedication of the players as in winners of DOTA 2 in 2011 tournament received 100 million dollars and the StarLeague Starcraft 2 tournament winners received around $ 100,000.
Some of the brands also promote corporate sponsorships like Intel, Steel Series etc. These companies in the past have sponsored many people.
2. Twitch For Broadcasting:
If we search in the famous channels for broadcasting we will find that Pew Die Pie is one of the famous channels in the world. People love to watch games online is proved by the fact the channel has more than 220 followers and is a 24 old video gamer
Walk-through videos are also very popular as people see the experts are helping them to solve the tricky level of games. Many gaming websites are also happy with these people who are uploading their game videos on channels and are not claiming or having any copyright issues with them. You can also use the Twitch services to broadcast and make money just like YouTube. Twitch has challenged the users of Facebook and by diverting the internet traffic.
3. Playerauctions: Buy and Sell virtual goods and services:
The games like Worlds of Warcraft where the characters can build up various abilities like weapon skill as you go on playing the game. Game characters can be sold in ranging from pounds to 10,000 $.
eBay no longer provides you with this facility, but the websites like Armory Bids and Playerauctions have these accounts now too.
4. Spread and sell your knowledge:
It's not very popular, but you can write about the games like World of Warcraft or MMO and spread your knowledge. There are websites like Killer guides and some freelancing website like up work and Elance, etc. you can write an e-book for them and their clients and sell them.
5. Gaming Blogs:
A person whose heart and soul is in games can start his own blog where he can share his daily experiences and let the world know about it. The gamer can earn lots of money from their blogs.
6. YouTube games, videos:
You can also post videos on YouTube and earn monetary benefits our of it. Moreover, you can start your own channel on YouTube and make your viewers know about the games. The YouTube has recently restrict the gaming videos according to them, videos which are showing the user playing the game will not be monetized, if the video will be having some education of the game and the running commentary of the game will only be allowed to monetize .
7. Gold and Farm Items:
You can undoubtedly make money through various virtual characters from the games like the World of Warcraft and Diablo 3. Diablo 3 becomes famous as it gives of the options to sell virtual gold you have earned in the game.
There was a Reddit user named has claimed and shared his PayPal account displaying the transfer of 10,000 $ in his account legitimately. The user has claimed about that, this is the first time, he hasn't received anything before this transaction.
For more fantastic strategies on how to make money from home visit my official website: http://prosperitylifehacks.com/
Making small talk with strangers at a business event – does the idea fill you with dread? It isn't easy making small talk with people you don't know. If you've ever ended up with a frozen smile on your face while you frantically think of a topic to discuss, here are some tips to make it easier.
1. Prepare conversation topics ahead of time. Chances are, before heading out to a business or social event, you think about what you will wear, how you will get to the event, and even where you will park. How often do you plan what you will say once you get there?
Before the event, plan three or four conversation topics. This will save you from a frantic search for a new topic when the conversation grinds to a halt.
At a business event, know what's happening in your industry. Read professional journals and newsletters in your field to keep up to date.
Be up on current events. Read the local and national newspapers. Skim the headlines and top stories for topics of interest. Watch the local and national news so you won't to be in the dark about recent developments. Then plan at least one topic from your industry, and one general interest topic that you can discuss.
2. Use an opening line to start the conversation. Don't worry, you don't need a brilliant opener. In fact, it can stop the conversation because when you say something weird or unexpected, people may be momentarily taken aback if they aren't sure how to respond.
Stick to simple topics like the weather or why you are at the event. That's why we talk about the weather – it's something everyone can talk about!
A compliment is always a great opener. Comment on the person's unusual tie or necklace, or on the wonderful hors d'oeuvres. Just make sure your compliment is sincere, and not too personal.
3. Get the conversation rolling. The best way to do this is to begin with your shared experience, such as the event you are attending. Ask about the person's relationship to the event or group. Ask their opinion on the speaker, or how they know the host. Or talk about the venue or city you are visiting.
Any of these questions give you an instant connection because you've had the same experience.
Remember that at business events, people want to meet new people. Be friendly, use your opening line, and talk about the event. You're sure to get the conversation moving forward.
As educators, we know one of the best traits that can aid in success is confidence. Self-doubt can kill dreams and a lack of belief in oneself can deter anyone from achieving a goal and becoming successful. However, confidence is often something that we have or need at any given time. We need confidence, even for the smaller day to day routine things that we do. On the other hand, sometimes, we need courage to get through a situation. Courage is pushing through when things are tough or create fear. For example, it might take confidence to ace the final exam, but it takes courage to stick out a degree program when it puts finances in jeopardy, reduces work-life balance, and all your support systems are against you going for this goal.
As educators, we will see many students each year that need to build up their courage. They need our help and guidance on how to be courageous in a time of fearfulness or anxieties. Students face many life events along their four plus years with us, and to help them achieve their goal of earning a degree, we must also provide mentorship on how to be courageous.
Here are 3 ways you can guide students into being more courageous:
- Reduce Fears and Anxieties
If you want your students to be more courageous, remember that as a professor, your role is to teach, guide, model and inspire, not to show students how tough “the real world is.” Learning new content and balancing education with life is already hard enough, no need to instill fear on top of this. As an added bonus, as you minimize fears and anxieties, and students push through, they build confidence.
To minimize fears and anxieties in your students, there are several things you can do, here are some tips:
- Set course expectations up front.
- Link students to helpful resources.
- Give them tips on what to do if they encounter technology problems.
- Provide your contact information and answer emails/calls in less than 24 hours.
- Give a little leeway in the event a student had a major life event occur during a specific week.
- Humanize yourself. You can do this by sharing a little about who you are personally, doing videos in the courseroom, using humor, building rapport.
- Don’t give negative feedback in the open forum. Use personal email or gradebook feedback.
- Give feedback on assignments and discussion questions. This helps the student to know what they have done well with and where they can improve. No feedback leaves students in the dark as to what they can improve on and how.
- Encourage Students to Focus on What They Can Control
In a classroom setting, you are the authority. Students may feel intimidated at times or feel that they have limited power. Perhaps they don’t like the content, don’t understand it, or are having personal troubles while also trying to manage their education. As a professor, if you want to increase your student’s courage, help students to focus on what is in their control. This will help students persevere in the face of adversity or trials because they will realize they are not completely powerless.
Here are some tips you can share with students to help empower them to take control over their education:
- Give students tips on avoiding procrastination
- Share resources on balancing life and work
- Give students tools on how to achieve better time management
- Help students become intentional about their leaning. You can provide them with assessments that can help them better understand how they learn. (Check out the Learning Connections Inventory (LCI) through Let Me learn).
- Share school/university resources.
- Educate students on the importance of, and how to, build support systems and strong networks.
- Teach students how to create SMART goals.
- Encourage students to take an honest look at the people and activities in their lives. Then have them personally assess what/who might be best to cut versus keep in order to achieve those SMART goals.
- Teach Communication Skills
It takes courage to do something when you are scared or to press on in the event of pain and sadness. It is important to let students know that they are valuable and can use their voice to make a difference. By teaching students how to speak up, you empower them to make a difference in their lives and the lives of others- and that often takes a lot of courage. In today’s society, the next generation in line must be heard. They are facing extreme levels of violence and rage, but the power of speech can change that and create a positive movement. As a professor, you can also educate your students on how to speak up on less socially involved issues, but still critical aspects of a student’s life; for example, how to speak up for an advancement or say no to outside tasks that don’t fit their goals.
Here are some ways you can help students improve their communication:
- Educate students on the importance of various communication styles (formal, informal, verbal, non verbal).
- Provide tips on how to use social media- alongside pros and cons.
- Provide guidance on how to listen and the value of patience.
- Educate students on how certain words can be perceived as having self-doubt. (For example, watching how often a student leads with “I think” or “I feel” in negotiating or business).
- Model being respectful and discuss the importance of having an open mind.
- Provide feedback on how to be clear and concise, yet substantially answer a question.
- Share resources, such as books, articles and videos on how to communicate with confidence.
By boosting students’ levels of courage, we are helping them to persevere through the trials and tribulations that life throw at them while they are taking a leap of faith into bettering their lives. As we boost courage, we also instill confidence. Courage and confidence are two key ingredients into helping our students reach their goals, obtain dreams and earn their degree. It is in these amazing students and their achievements that we are fortunate enough as professors to leave a bit of our legacy, behind.
Stronger skin is possible for anyone.
You can build even delicate, paper-thin skin into firmer, more flexible and stronger skin with proper nourishment. Here is how to make your skin stronger and more youthful.
How severe is the problem?
Delicate skin means different things to different people. If you’re 18 and your skin is easily bruised compared to your friends, you probably think you have delicate skin, and you’re probably right. But this is a minor issue compared to some women.
Some women, especially older women with long-standing health problems, have skin so thin and fragile it bruises at any little bump, breaks and bleeds easily, and seems to take forever to heal. Even such frail skin can grow thicker and stronger, with good nourishment. But of course it will take longer to be really strong and healthy.
You may be surprised at how quickly skin can improve, however. While the life span of a skin cell can vary a bit, on average skin cells are replaced about every 35 days. So in a month, with proper nourishment, new skin cells can begin to improve your skin’s strength and flexibility. It will look better, too!
The cause of thin, delicate skin
Skin gets thin in the aging process. That does NOT mean simply that time does it, period. There are definite causes of aging skin, and all the most important can be reversed. The three biggest causes are loss of collagen and elastin, loss of hyaluronan, and oxidation damage.
First a brief look at improving your overall health, because a healthy body is great for your skin, too.
— If you smoke, you already know it’s bad for your lungs and health. Did you know it damages skin? It’s true. Studies have shown that the skin of smokers begins to get thin, sag, and develop lines and wrinkles years sooner than non-smokers.
— The foods that are great for overall health are also the best for skin health. Fish and lean meats, vegetables (especially green salads, the deeper in color the better) and fruits (whole fruit is better than juice) are all wonderful nourishment. What isn’t? Foods with added sugar (high-fructose corn syrup is worst of them all), and the simple starches like bread, cereals, potatoes and pizza crust, are all going to raise the levels of sugar in your blood and your body.
Here is what sugar does to your skin:
— A little-known underlying cause of the loss of collagen and elastin that thins and weakens skin is the process called glycation. Glycation happens when a molecule, usually a sugar, attaches itself to a healthy protein and creates a strangely sticky molecule that can form clumps or long chains. Called Advanced Glycation End-products or AGEs, they destroy collagen and elastin in the skin and lead to thin skin, sagging and wrinkles.
— Besides cutting way back on sugars and starches, you can take a good supplement containing Carnosine, at least 50 mg a day. Carnosine (not Carnitine) is the only natural substance that both prevents glycation and actually stops the process after it has begun.
From paper thin to stronger skin
A skin cream or lotion can strengthen your skin, beginning quite fast and improving month after month.
No skin care ingredient is most effective when used all by itself. All of them work best in a formula created by experts. But probably the single most effective ingredient I know, to strengthen skin, thicken it, add flexibility and prevent oxidation damage, is a trademarked ingredient called Cynergy TK.
Here are some benefits of Cynergy TK shown in clinical trials.
- It stimulated the skin’s natural production of collagen and elastin, improving skin cell growth by 160 percent.
- It improved the skin’s elasticity by 42 percent in just 18 days.
- It blocked the most important inflammation process in the skin by 70 percent.
- It showed dramatic antioxidant power — essential to stopping the oxidation damage that weakens and ages skin.
It’s one excellent ingredient to look for if you need a skin cream to make your skin stronger.
Each man has a different idea of a perfect woman and this could sometimes be the reason why women find it difficult to make them fall in love. Some are just too confined within what they want that it’s just too hard for women to penetrate into their sphere. So how do you melt a difficult man’s heart?
Catch his interest.
So what does this guy usually engage into? Is he into sports because he’s the active type? Or he is the type who’d rather spend the day at the library? You’d have to know what he indulges himself into most of the time so that you’d know how to approach him.
Don’t make the conversation suck.
Once you finally get him to talk with you, make sure that you make sense and are able to exchange ideas with him. Don’t let him silently wish that he should have spent his time with someone else.
Give him a hundred percent of your attention.
Be sure that you listen intently and know how to respond correctly when you are asked about something.
Be a woman that’s worthy of him.
A difficult man is what he is because he believes that he’s a cut above the rest. He’s not one of those jerks that you can just pick up and play with. This is a man with substance and he’s looking for someone who’s exactly like he is. Impress him by making him see that he has already met his match.
Let him catch a glimpse of what a wonderful future it would be with you.
Some men appear to be difficult but, in fact, they’re softies. They are just hiding something inside, perhaps they’ve been hurt by someone in the past and they’re just afraid to love again. Being difficult is just their defensive mechanism. In order to make him fall in love with you, you must let him feel that he’ll experience nothing but joy when he’s with you.
It’s still best to keep him at an arm’s length.
If you’ve finally piqued his interest, you could slow things down a bit and start playing hard-to-get. This will work to your advantage as now, you’ll be the one who’s going to be chased. All you have to do is wait.
Show him that your faithfulness would never wane.
It won’t be hard for him to realize that you’re the perfect person for him once he sees that your fidelity it at a hundred percent. Make him feel that he’s the only one for you but make sure that your world doesn’t revolve around him as well.
If you want to learn how to make wine, one of the first things you should do is learn about all of the different additives and chemicals that are used to make homemade wine. Pectic Enzyme is one of the most misunderstood additives.
This article will explain What is pecitic enzyme, why do I need it and how it works.
Let’s back up a little and talk about grape jelly. MMMM! Everyone loves grape jelly and jam on a hot buttered biscuit. It always has a gooey, almost jello like consistency.
Did you ever wonder where that jello consistency comes from? Well, in jello, it comes from gelatin. But it fruit jams and jellies, a lot of the consistency comes from something called pectin.
Pectin is produced commercially as a white to light brown powder, extracted from citrus fruits, and is used in food as a gelling agent particularly in jams and jellies.
If you want to make your own wine out of grapes, peaches, strawberries or any other kind of fruit – you have to have a way of dealing with the naturally occurring pectin. The reason is that pectin can cause solids in your wine to clump together in a colliodal suspension and you’ll end up with cloudy wine that won’t clear no matter how long you leave it sitting in the secondary.
How to deal with it? Use something that EATS pectin! Pectic Enzyme loves to eat pectin.
The way to use pectic enzyme when making your own wine at home is to add about a 1/2 teaspoon per gallon of fruit juice before you start fermenting the juice.
While the fermentation is going on, the pectic enzyme will also be eating and dissolving the pectin. This will make your wine clear a lot faster and keep it from having suspended solids.